My 3.5 year old son is hooked onto podcasts now! There are so many free podcasts that I do not know why one would need to buy audio CDs anymore. My son and I have enjoyed podcasts this week from:
Pinky Dinky Doo
From an educational standpoint, podcasts are excellent resources for any teacher. My husband is the music teacher at our school and I cannot wait to share the vast audio story/music podcasts available for him to subscribe to. As a teacher-librarian, it is an addition resource for students to hear great storytelling from others. I am finding that many students do not know how to read expressly, confidently, and fluently. Having students listen to quality story time podcasts would help them learn what good reading should sounds like...not "robot reading."
I have sound recorder on my PC so I recorded my son's first singing "podcast" of Twinkle Twinkle. It took me awhile to figure out how to embed a mp3 file onto blogger. First, I needed to convert my wma (Windows Media) file to a mp3 file via a music converter online. I'd wish I paid more attention to my husband when he uploaded mp3 music/band files for students on to his blog! Next, most people online recommended www.divshare.com. It was the easiest way to share my files onto blogger. This free/paid site allows you to share all media files. I don't understand why blogger does not have a mp3 uploader. There is already one for images and video. Go figure! Here is my son's first Canadian Idol performance:
Now for the video portion...I have made several videos using Windows Movie Maker before.Yet, it was good to play with it and refresh my memory again. Ultimately, I would like to make a book trailer that is like a movie trailer with the trailer voice and all. Anyone have any good ideas on how to make a great book trailer? The fun parts of playing with a movie maker is adding titles, captions, and credits. Also, being able to trim, edit, add visual effects, and much more is pretty cool! If you have 2 minutes and 40 secs to spare from your busy life then go ahead and watch a snippet of our family trip to Fairhaven, Washington from our summer. I apologize for the short shaky camera part. My hubby was walking and filming at the same time. Another disappointment is that in order to share your YouTube video on blogger you need to make it public. Oh well! Enjoy!



Nice little audio clip of your son singing! Also, that 'smoothing' effect on the youtube video was quite cool! Made it seem like we were walking along with you! Great post, good playing around with new tools and trying something new! (loved the credits!)
ReplyDelete