Thursday, 6 December 2012

Vision for the Future...

nextyearcountrynews.blogspot.com
To be honest, it took awhile to wrap my head around this assignment. Being a detail oriented person, I needed to stretch my brain and try to grasp the "bigger picture" of my role as a 21st century teacher-librarian. In Richardson's book, he cited Friedman, "What we're entering is the 'main event, and by main event I mean an era in which technology will truly transform every aspect of business, of government, of society, of life'... And, I would add, education" (Richardson, 11). When I started my library diploma courses, over and over again, I would hear my professors state that, "Right now, you are part of an exciting change in teacher-librarianship." Desperately, I wanted my vision to show that I am prepared to embrace the ever-changing technology and challenges in order to keep current in the span of my library career. It is easier said than done! I am glad that I have my family, staff members, and online librarian community to journey together. 

This prezi highlights four key elements a 21st century teacher-librarian must embrace:
1. Personal Learning Network  - Twitter, Ning, RSS, Google Reader
2. Collaboration - Wikis, Blogs, epals.com, global connections
3. Technology - Mobile devices, apps, Web 2.0 tools
4. New Literacies - (multi-literacies, evaluating Web content, presentations)



No comments:

Post a Comment